How much are the Chase monthly service fees?
The account fees start at $12 per month for their basic account. If you have a balance of $1,500 the account is free. The good news is that the Chase monthly service fees are free if you have direct deposits of $500 or more. Chase is one of the top banks in the country loved by millions of people. Opening an account at Chase provides you with tons of benefits!
How much money do I have to have in my checking account to avoid a monthly service fee?
In order to not get charged the $12 monthly service fee from Chase, you need to maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500.
How much does it cost to open a Chase bank account?
Chase has 2 main types of accounts. A total checking account with Chase monthly service fees of $12. They also have a premier checking account with Chase monthly service fees of $25.
#1. Chase Total Checking Account
A basic but popular checking account solution
- Minimum deposit to open: $25
- Monthly service fee: $12 (but can be waived via a $500 direct deposit or maintaining a $1500 minimum daily balance or being a college student (under 23 years) or keeping an average daily minimum balance of $5,000 in qualifying linked deposits or investments)
- Non-interest bearing account
- No fee at thousands of Chase Bank Branches and ATMs
- $2.50/transaction for all non-Chase Bank within the U.S.
- 24/7 Customer service
- $5/transaction for all non-Chase Bank ATMs outside the U.S.
#2. Chase Premier Checking Account
An interest-bearing checking solution with a raft of extra top-notch features.
- Minimum balance to open: $25 (plus) or $100.00 (Platinum account)
- Monthly maintenance account fees: $25.00(plus; can be waived by maintaining a $15,000 daily balance in your account including qualifying investments and IRA) or $35(platinum; can be waived by keeping a minimum daily balance of $75,000 in qualifying deposits/investments).
- No monthly fee on additional 2 Chase Bank checking accounts and savings accounts linked to your primary Premier Checking account.
- Get more out of your everyday banking with an interest-bearing account and 4 free monthly withdrawals at non-Chase ATMs.
- Free small (3”x5”) safe deposit box and 20% discount on a larger box.
How much does Chase overdraft fees cost?
Chase charges $34 each time your account is overdrawn in excess of $5.00. If your account stays this way for 5 business days in a row, a $15 “extended overdraft fee” will be charged to your account. It’s also important to mention that when you overdraw your account, making additional purchases will result in more overdraft fees – $34 each time, no matter how small the transaction is. A maximum of 3 overdraft fees can be charged per day.
How many times can a Chase account be overdrawn?
For Chase basic checking account, you can not have more than 3 insufficient funds and returned items PER DAY. For the Platinum account, they waive the fees for the first 4 times. If you have a business account, you are in luck. They will actually wave 6 insufficient funds or returned item fees.
What is Chases Overdraft grace period?
There is not a grace period. The money must be in your account by the time a check clears. At the time the check hits, if there’s not enough money in the account to cover it, your account is officially in overdraft status. Otherwise, you will be assessed overdraft fees.
About Chase & JP Morgan Accounts
JPMorgan Chase (trading as Chase Bank) is a US bank that was formed following the 2000 merger between J.P. Morgan & Co. and Chase Manhattan Bank. It’s currently one of the Big Four North American banks along with Citigroup, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America. A subsidiary of financial conglomerate JPMorgan Chase, Chase Bank is the largest US bank by assets, rakes in over $70 billion US dollars in revenue annually, and is also the sixth biggest bank in the world. With over 265,000 employees in 100 countries, Chase Bank operates more than 16,000 ATMs in 5,200 branches nationwide. Additionally, they have a vibrant mobile and online banking system. Much akin to the other big four banks, Chase Bank enjoys a nationwide presence which comes in handy if you travel a lot.
AccountFee.com’s Editor’s Notes on Chase Monthly Service Fees:
We loved Chase Bank’s straightforward and easy to understand approach to checking account structure. The Total Checking account is popular amongst their customers particularly kids and college students. As you get older, however, and garner some qualifying investments and extra savings over $15000, their Premier Checking accounts are your best shot. Chase Bank has invested heavily in their reward programs and sign-up bonuses, making them a worthy choice to bank with.